Welcome to Cranford Engineering
For engineering services in Surrey, Cranford Engineering in Ashtead is a long established and experienced toolmaking and manufacturing business. We offer the best in precision, professionalism and top rate customer service. We provide general repairs or bespoke design and manufacture.
Multidisciplined Engineering Experts
- CAD design, 3D modelling and visualisation.
- CNC turning, milling and spark erosion.
- A comprehensive spark erosion service.
- Electrode design and manufacture.
- Bead blasting.
- TIG welding
- Manual drilling, turning, milling and fitting.
- Bespoke Part manufacturing.
- Skimming cylinder heads, engine blocks, flywheels, brake discs and drums, etc.
- Removing broken taps, drills, studs and bolts.
- Keyway machining.
- Equipment repair and reverse engineering.
- Waterjet profiling (through our partner Fibrefusion Ltd)
- Making parts for other national manufacturers as well as working for local businesses from Guildford, Dorking and Reigate.
- We have the knowledge to be able to take your project from design to completion – but if you just need a little specialist help, we can do that too.
- Examples – We have been involved in restoring the world’s first man powered flying machine and helped develop a waterless egg cooker. We design and build complicated things like theatrical flying systems or simply make stuff work better. We can help in race car or race bike preparation manufacturing components or modifying existing parts.
Manufacturing steel mould tools or aluminium mould tools for the rubber industry.
“As close neighbours of Cranford Engineering we at Volkspeed have had the benefit of their many and various skills for many years. I cannot think of any occasion when we have presented them with a challenge that has not been met! There have been many minor, and sometimes major, emergencies which Paul and his men have engineered a solution to that are too numerous to mention. As an example of the range of their abilities Paul has designed and made our workshop sliding door system, repaired and rebuilt the gearbox of our roller brake tester, removed countless sheared and broken bolts from odd shaped automotive parts and welded weird shaped objects back together again. ……. All with great speed and efficiency …. brilliant.” ~ Chris Taylor. MD Volkspeed Engineering Ltd
“We have used Cranford Engineering for some 30 years now and have always found them to be extremely helpful, receiving good, prompt service and good advice and accuracy on various engineering jobs appertaining to our business of repairing Rolls-Royce and Bentley Cars. We would thoroughly recommend them.” ~ Paul Brightman & Patrick Lloyd-Jacob, Partners – Royce Service & Engineering
“I have known Paul Browning of Cranford Engineering for over 20 years and have always found him to be reliable and trustworthy, nothing is too much trouble. His work is always up to the standard necessary for the Rolls Royce and Bentley cars that we deal with.” ~ Nigel Sandell Specialising in Rolls-Royce & Bentley Motor Cars